What is a Core?
Many products such as turbos, have a core charge that is associated with the new replacement part. You must return the old part to receive a refund on the core charge. All cores must be like for like and include all parts and pieces that were received on your new replacement product. Cores must be “as removed from the engine”. Cores damaged from a fire are not acceptable, also cores damaged from improper removal may not be acceptable.
Core Return Procedure
Do the following when returning your core:
- Use a box strong enough to support the weight of the contents.
- Securely seal core/s inside a plastic bag to prevent leakage.
- Use at least two inches of appropriate cushioning material to protect items from each other and the corners, sides, top and bottom of the box.
- Proturbo is not responsible for cores received damaged, freight penalties, and/or lost shipments.
- Once Proturbo receives the cores, it will be inspected and graded based on Core Criteria, Full or partial refund will be processed within 1 to 3 business days.
- Note that Proturbo may reject cores or even pay partial credit if Core Criteria are not met.
- All shipping Charges are the responsibility of the customer.
- Core must be like-for-like.
- You must send core complete and assembled. Missing components might affect the percentage refunded.
- If the core is returned after 30 days, 50% of the core will be refunded. After 3 months cores will be accepted at Proturbo’s discretion.
Upfront Core Charge
Upfront Core Charge will be charged on all remanufactured products. Once the core is returned you will promptly receive a credit to your account on all acceptable cores (see below), usually within 48 hours of receipt of core.
Return Cores in Advance
Customer returns cores in advance to avoid the core charge. The order will ship out once we have received the core.
Core Physical Condition Requirements/ core policy