What is a Core?
Many products such as turbos, have a core charge that is associated with the new replacement part. You must return the old part to receive a refund on the core charge. All cores must be like for like and include all parts and pieces that were received on your new replacement product. Cores must be “as removed from the engine”. Cores damaged from a fire are not acceptable, also cores damaged from improper removal may not be acceptable.
Core Return Procedure
Do the following when returning your core:
- Please provide your Invoice # or Order # within the packaging (copy of invoice works as well). If this is not provided this will cause some delays with your refund.
- Make sure all fittings and lines are removed from your old unit.
- Make sure all fluids have been drained out prior to shipping out the core. (Shipping company can reject package for any leakage)
- Make sure core is packaged well for no further damage since we do grade cores. ( We aren’t responsible for damage done by shipping company)
- Please ship your core to the address below :
Proturbo LLC 8204 N Lamar Blvd Suite C24 Austin, TX 78753
- All shipping Charges are the responsibility of the customer.
- We recommend using a carrier that provides a tracking # to ensure your core gets to us.
- Core must be like-for-like.
- Since you are responsible for shipping the core back to Proturbo, please provide a tracking number to firstname.lastname@example.org Without a confirmed tracking number, we cannot guarantee your core refund.
- You must send core complete and assembled. Missing components might affect the percentage refunded.
- If the core is returned after 30 days, 50% of the core will be refunded. After 3 months cores will be accepted at Proturbo’s discretion.
Upfront Core Charge
Upfront Core Charge will be charged on all remanufactured products. Once the core is returned you will promptly receive a credit to your account on all acceptable cores (see below), usually within 48 hours of receipt of core.
Return Cores in Advance
Customer returns cores in advance to avoid the core charge. The order will ship out once we have received the core.
Core Physical Condition Requirements
All cores must be in re-buildable condition to receive a full refund of the core charge. There are some conditions that you will not receive full credit, see conditions below. On these conditions, it is up to the manufacturer on the amount of credit issued.
- Fire Damage
- Water Damage
- Missing parts and/or pieces
- Core Charge Timeline
Phone us at 512-992-0000.